Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act reflects Congress' intent that schools receiving federal funding provide protections and services to students with disabilities.
Ravenswood City School District has two important responsibilities to students with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.
All such students are entitled to an equal opportunity to participate in the services, programs, and activities offered in public schools, without discrimination. In addition, all such students are provided with a free appropriate education, which may include special education, related services, appropriate accommodations, and other supports to allow them to access a school's educational services through the creation and implementation of a Section 504 service plan.
As a recipient of federal funds and a school district dedicated to ensuring that all students access excellent teaching and learning, the Ravenswood City School District is committed to ensuring that all students eligible under Section 504 are protected from discrimination and receive necessary educational services, accommodations and supports at school.
If you believe that your child would meet the criteria for Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, please contact the school secondary counselor or Site 504 Leads listed below. The site 504 Lead can discuss your child's needs and provide you with information on how to initiate the process as appropriate.
If you have questions about 504 Plans or would like to request a review for assessment, contact Cynthia Chin, 650-329-2800 ext. 60168, Email
- Choose Ravenswood
- Board of Education
- Ravenswood Education Foundation
- Teaching and Learning
- Education Services
- Strategy, Talent, and Engagement
- Human Resources
- Employee Negotiations
- CBA Between CSEA and Ravenswood
- CSEA and RCSD Tentative Agreement
- MOUs & Side Letters Between RCSD/CSEA
- Salary Schedule for Classified Employees
- CBA Between RTA and Ravenswood
- CSEA Health & Welfare MOU
- MOUs & Side Letters Between RCSD/RTA
- Career Ladder for Certificated Employees
- Salary Schedule for Management
- Employment and Income Verifications
- Teacher Salary Resources
- Leaves Information Packet
- Employee Handbook
- Business Services
- Maintenance, Operations, and Transportation