Counseling and Mental Health
Students who were receiving services and support before school student dismissals have the opportunity to continue to receive services. Parents/guardians of these students will be contacted by their counselor.
To request mental health services for your student, click here to fill out this referral form, and we will try to connect you with a provider.
The district works with local non-profits to support mental health. We partner with the Counseling and Support Services for Youth (CASSY), Child Mind Institute (CMI), and StarVista. If families need other resources, we work with Children’s Health Council (CHC).
If you have questions about Counseling and Mental Health, please contact Cynthia Chin, 650-329-2800 ext. 60168, Email
Please visit our Ravenswood Virtual Wellness Room. Please click here to learn more. Our Wellness Room is designed to be an interactive experience in which you can calm the mind and body at your convenience, by using simple and fun activities.
How to talk to your child about the pandemic:
- Activity book: how to explain the Coronavirus to children (PreK-Grade 3) / Spanish
- Article on how to talk to your child about Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Advice from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on talking to children about Coronavirus/COVID-19
- Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
- Take care of your body.
- Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
- Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling. Connect with friends and family members via phone or video chat.
- Try to keep up with regular routines. Create a schedule for learning activities and relaxing or fun activities
Additional Community Resources for Families
- Quick Guide to COVID-19 Community Resources: San Mateo County
- Comprehensive Community Resources from San Mateo County
- San Mateo County Emergency Eviction Moratorium FAQ / Moratoria de Emergencia Para Desalojos en el Condado de San Mateo Preguntas Frecuentes
- Food Resource Guide for East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park / Guía de recursos alimentarios para East Palo Alto y East Menlo Park
- Ravenswood City School District Meal Distribution Info
- District Updates: www.ravenswoodschools.org/COVID19
- California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resources 7-days a week from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Call or text 1-855-427-2736 (1-855-4APARENT) or visit caparentyouthhelpline.org for services in English, Spanish and other languages
- Choose Ravenswood
- Board of Education
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Human Resources
- Employee Negotiations
- CBA Between CSEA and Ravenswood
- MOUs & Side Letters Between RCSD/CSEA
- Salary Schedule for Classified Employees
- CBA Between RTA and Ravenswood
- MOUs & Side Letters Between RCSD/RTA
- Career Ladder for Certificated Employees
- Salary Schedule for Management
- Employment and Income Verifications
- Maintenance, Operations, and Transportation
- Education Services
- Business Services
- Ravenswood Education Foundation
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us
- California Public Records Act (CPRA)
- Five-Year Strategic Plan
- COVID Safety