Ravenswood City School District


Registration iconRegistrationtitle

Q: What do I need to register my child?
A: Completed Registration Packet
  • Child's Birth Certificate
  • Physical Exam (1st required only) 
  • Immunization:
4 Polio
3 Hep B 
1 Varicella
1 Tdap (7th & 8th grade required only)
  • TB skin test read within 12 months (include: Date given, date read and results) 
  • Proof of address If you do not have proof of address with your name, a proof of address with the person's name with whom you are living along with a leatter signed by this person confirming your residence is required.  
  • Last report Card or Transfer from previous school
  • Special Education Services (If your student receives additional academic services for a learning disability, such as special day class, resource, or speech, etc., it would be extremely helpful if you provide a copy of the most current IEP at the time of registration) 

Q: How old must my child be to enter Kindergarten?
A: Students that are 5 on or before September 1, 2018 will be placed in Kindergarten. Students born between September 2, 2013-December 2, 2013 will be placed in Transitional Kindergarten.

Q: When will I know which school my child will attend?
A: You will receive a confirmation of enrollment notification from the Students Service Department by mail no later than July. You will then receive follow up correspondence from your assigned school by August.
Attendance: “EveryDay Counts!”

Attendance: “EveryDay Counts!” iconAttendance: “EveryDay Counts!”title

Q: Do I need to let the school know if my child has been away?
A: Yes– Parents must let the school know the reason for the absence, if not beforehand, then within two days of their child’s return to school.

Q: Can I take my child out of school for family or social occasions?
A: No– You should arrange leisure activities, visits to family and friends and shopping trips outside of school hours.

Q: Does the occasional day away from school really affect my child’s education?
A: Yes– Research shows that higher student attendance is associated, on average, with higher student achievement.

Q: What should I do if my child refuses to go to school?
A: Contact the school as soon as possible for advice and support.
Student Success Team

Student Success Team iconStudent Success Teamtitle

Q: Can I refer my child for an SST?
A: The SST process can be initiated by the classroom teacher or any other staff member who works with the student. Before a referral is made, a level one meeting(refer to form S-1) should take place prior to the referral. A level 1 meeting is held at the school site with the classroom teacher and the parent, other staff members may join.

Q: Does the SST process guarantee that my student will qualify for Special Education services?
A: No, however the SST process should be utilized before a referral is made for a complete Special Education evaluation. A direct referral can be made from any staff member, however extensive documentation must accompany that direct referral.

Health iconHealthtitle

Q: What grades require Hearing, Vision and Scoliosis Screening?
A: According to the State of California Hearing and Vision tests are performed when students attend Kindergarten, 2nd, 5th  and 8th  grades. Scoliosis screening is performed on 7th grade girls and 8th grade boys.

Q: Is it mandatory to do Physical Exam for my child?
A: Yes,State of California requires students to have Physical Exam completed when they enter 1st Grade.

Q: Does my child require to have Dental Exam before entering kindergarten?
A: No, but it is recommended to have dental exams annually.